Final Three Waves

Pas à pas en Anglais

Final Three Waves

Messagepar matt scarlett » Jeu Jan 23, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm going back in order to move forward. I tried new more complex work that I just wasn’t happy or experienced enough to do what it was I was trying to do, so I've taken a step back and starting over, with this A3 piece. I wanted to do A2, but at first I started to cover the black areas with a Bic Atlantic pen, and it took a long time.

I then switched to a Bic Cristal 1.6mm and it took a matter of minutes rather than hours to cover the same area. However, the Bic Cristal ink seems to be different. It has a kind of Mat finish to it, where the Atlantic has an oily sheen (shine) to the finish. So i have to wait for the Bic Cristal 1.6mm to dry, then go over it again, to achieve the same look as the Atlantic. A bit of a pain, but there again I can cover ground far quicker than using the Atlantic on its own

I spent an hour or so on the pencil work for this piece

W.I.P.

As You can see in this light, the finish has an oily sheen (shine) to it that is visibal in some parts, but missing in others.

I'm hoping to get this done by the weekend, making this a 3 week project (i had budgeted for a month on this). However, due to the tablets I’m taking for asthma (14+ per day) and the side effects the tablets they cause, it seriously affects the outcome of these times. Hence the slow output time for each piece. I wish I could be consistent as you Allan. Its frustrating as I know you need a good body of work to 'Make it', but poor health is having serious affects on my 'Wanna Be' Art career.

As for the 'Three' this will be the last of three waves for now. I've been asked to do some pieces relevant to Audio/DJ areas.With 'Audio' being another passion of mine, this will have to include a bit more imagination and a bit of product design before rendering the final pieces, in Biro .. of course!

P.S. the Spellcheck on this OpenOffice.org software isn't very good it would seem, so sorry for any spelling mistakes ;-?
matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Re: Final Three Waves

Messagepar Allan » Sam Jan 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Nice work and good luck with your health !! :yes:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Message(s) : 4005

Re: Final Three Waves

Messagepar matt scarlett » Ven Jan 31, 2014 9:44 am

Bad news, I'll give you three guesses as to what it is!

My image is turning yellow!

I have been using Bic still. I think a last chance with 'Parker' brand pens, also I got some 'Faber Castell' Grip 2020 pens which I really like. I'm going to get some test pieces going, but I'm also now looking into pen and ink from Rotring, or maybe brush pens. As my work will mostly be in black and white, and I want a bit of permanence to my work, I think indelible ink may be the way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksIsbwHqeks
matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Retour vers Show your WIP drawings step-by-step