Let's Go Again!

Pas à pas en Anglais

Let's Go Again!

Messagepar matt scarlett » Sam Fév 02, 2013 1:09 am

I've been thinking about doing something a little different ...same subject matter. I've avoided doing it so far, i don't know what the outcome will be, but i'm going to give it a try. Hopefully, it will unfold as i do it.

Using:

Bic ReAction, Bic Atlantis, Bic Cristal grip (black & blue), Bic Fashion Colours (Blue) - as you might tell .. i do like Bic pens :yes:

Dernière édition par matt scarlett le Sam Fév 02, 2013 11:19 pm, édité 1 fois.
matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Re: Let's Go Again!

Messagepar Allan » Sam Fév 02, 2013 8:34 am

Yes, BIC is not a bad brand :moqueur: ;-)
That looks good so far :yes:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Message(s) : 4005

Messagepar matt scarlett » Sam Fév 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Allan a écrit:Yes, BIC is not a bad brand :moqueur: ;-)
That looks good so far :yes:

It very much depends an your style, and how you (not you personally) work. Because of the light strokes that i use to ... outline a picture, i find many pens just aren't suited for that. When it comes to filling in the picture, then ... Bic is still the best choice for me.

This piece will be near as dark as possible, so i'll need a lot of ink for this one. But at the moment, i'm just marking out what goes where. I'm hoping as i go along, you'll see what i mean.... i'm also hoping the image works ;-?

I tried to bid on some 1.6mm pens this morning. I got some Atlantis Blue pens, but got outbid for the black pens ... which i really wanted for this piece. Oh well, i guess i'll have to use the cristal grip pens i already have. A bit more effort needed on my part.
matt scarlett

Messagepar matt scarlett » Sam Fév 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Just getting a bit more meat on the bones. I know I've outlined the blue areas with black, however the picture as a whole is going to be dark and even some of the detailed areas that I've marked out, may probably be near impossible to see when finished.

The top left and bottom right corners are also probably going to be totally blacked out. The emphasis of the picture needs to be on the blue area. the whole thing is more ... 'Graphic designs' than 'Photo-realistic', but in the near future i want to mix both genres together .. mix with a few others. But i want to get a few good photo realist pieces done .. my Mona Lisa of waves :-)

matt scarlett

Messagepar Allan » Dim Fév 03, 2013 8:10 am

matt scarlett a écrit: and even some of the detailed areas that I've marked out, may probably be near impossible to see when finished.

The top left and bottom right corners are also probably going to be totally blacked out.

I call them dead zone and you doing very well by draw details in them :bravo: . Otherwise, you will end-up with flat black space. Not very good for a wave :no:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar matt scarlett » Lun Fév 04, 2013 12:52 am

Allan a écrit:
matt scarlett a écrit: and even some of the detailed areas that I've marked out, may probably be near impossible to see when finished.

The top left and bottom right corners are also probably going to be totally blacked out.

I call them dead zone and you doing very well by draw details in them :bravo: . Otherwise, you will end-up with flat black space. Not very good for a wave :no:

I agree the dead zone will still have somewhat of a texture to it. I found that to get a more even layer of colour (or black in this case) is to build up the layers. It's more time consuming, but I tried to do for the kill and put one layer of heavy black in the bottom left of the picture, and it didn't blend very well.

I'm going to get the rest of the face of the wave finished, then I'm going to black out ... darken the whole picture even further. a few details needed inn the top[ right and bottom left which i hope to get done by tomorrow. I'm still hopping to be done in a week though.

I'm currently filling in with a normal Bic cristal pen.

At times using a pen is very time consuming. I'm sure if in was painting or even using the pencil, a simple task like darkening one area would take far less time, But I do think as a medium, pen is worth the effort.
matt scarlett

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mar Fév 05, 2013 12:49 pm

didn't get as much done as i hoped ... bit of an emergency with a friend. its taking shape though.
matt scarlett

Messagepar Allan » Mar Fév 05, 2013 6:16 pm

:yes: :yes: :ecxité:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mar Fév 05, 2013 11:29 pm

I did a bit of work whilst watching Police Academy 2 and 3 ... classic films!

Question: As the bottom right-hand corner is going to be in black ink ... and traditionally one signs ones works in the bottom right-hand corner .... where and how would you suggest i sign this piece of work? Would titanium white oil paint work?

Sorry for the bad quality picture. i should stop taking pictures near and beyond midnight with poor lighting :honte:

matt scarlett

Messagepar Pastel » Mer Fév 06, 2013 6:25 am

:bravo: :bravo: ;-)
Demain est un autre jour...

Valérie Jouffroy Ricotta
Pastel
Seigneur de la bille d'or

Message(s) : 2196

Suivant