Gray ink

Vos questions en Anglais sur le dessin aux stylos à bille

Gray ink

Messagepar hseiken » Sam Nov 02, 2013 10:13 am

Has anyone run across a pure gray ink? I'd love to find one so I don't have to mix colors lightly to get it or risk going too thick with black ink. It'd also fit my style a lot better as well.

I've looked all over and haven't found gray ink ever...I'm thinking maybe I should just use mechanical pencil for gray...
hseiken
New Bille

Message(s) : 8

Re: Gray ink

Messagepar Allan » Sam Nov 02, 2013 10:25 am

No grey ballpoint pen I'm afraid !! You can criss-cross light blue and pink to get one or use the black lightly. But no proper grey Ballpoint pen :no:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Message(s) : 4005

Messagepar matt scarlett » Lun Déc 16, 2013 4:34 pm

I would love some kind of grey ink as I've had many, many issues with black ink. However, what i really wnat is a cure for my (black) picturs turning yellow

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5593
matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Messagepar Allan » Mar Déc 17, 2013 8:21 am

you need to test your black ballpoint pen cause not all of them turn yellow.
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mer Déc 18, 2013 3:07 pm

I really can't put my finger on it. The normal Bic cristal's are the main culprit. I've been using the Bic Re-Action pen 1.0 for a long time, which so far has cehecked out OK. The thing is, the Bic re-Action pen is that its a very quick fine line pen (even in 1.0 mode!) and not very good for covering large areas quickly. The Bic cristal is a lot better for covering large areas.

Also I've stopped using Goldline Bristol Board as well, as I have found the Windsor & Newton Brostol Board a lot brighter (whiter). In comparison, the Goldline Bristol Board has a 'Cream' tone to the paper.

fact is, I've used a lot of parper with the Bic pens, and regardless of Cartridge paper or Bristol board, I'm still having issues. But the problem seems to be quite random. None of my 'Wave' images have turned yellew. But the larger pieces have

http://scarlettsart.wordpress.com/2010/ ... t-on-hold/ - Henri

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1058&p=12262&hilit=emily#p9924 - Emily

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5593&p=24602&hilit=hybrid#p24602 - Hybrid Audio

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1760#p13698 - 'The Long Walk' is still 100% no problems.

I thought I would have problems with this wave, but again, its still 100% OK.

http://surfandsound.wordpress.com/2013/ ... -bic-biro/

Maybe its a bad batch of pens, maybe it was the Cristal grip pens in particualr, I don't know Allan. I thought using them lightly was the problem as the heavier or total black areas were unaffected.
matt scarlett

Messagepar Allan » Jeu Déc 19, 2013 11:00 am

By the test I did, I can confirm that more it's light and more it's gonna fed away rapidly if exposed to too much light :-/
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar matt scarlett » Jeu Jan 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Allan a écrit:By the test I did, I can confirm that more it's light and more it's gonna fed away rapidly if exposed to too much light :-/

Not sure, because the Hybrid Audio Speakler (below) was fine when I drew it. I left it in one of my portfolio cases and after a few months it turned! As for the others, my artboard is well away from the window. I tested the Bic Cristal Grip pen, leaving samples on the window for months. They faded, but none turned yellow. But when i got started on final pieces, then randomly, they truned.

For the life of me, i still haven't worked it out, however, It's putting a stopper in my work. If I'm to charge for a picture only for this to happen (below), then I'm going to have a lot of angry customers! If I thought I could get a way with it, then I'd let it go, but the yellow is so obvious :shock:

Image[/quote]
matt scarlett

Retour vers Your questions about drawing with ballpoint pen