Staedtler ball 432 coloured pens

Vos questions en Anglais sur le dessin aux stylos à bille

Staedtler ball 432 coloured pens

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mer Avr 10, 2013 8:19 am

So i splashed out £4.60 for a set of Staedtler ball 432 M (medium) pens. My first initial impression is favourable. They seem to be a fairly smooth working pen, as good as the Bic Cristal range, but not as fast as the Bic Atlantis or Re-Action range ... which isn't a bad thing. When i want better control over more speed 'so i can get the project finished' i often use the Cristal pens.

Like the Papermate Inkjoy pens the Staedtler ball 432 M pens are triangular, which feels strange at first, but ultimately it shouldn't get in the way of you producing good works of art.

My only downside is the competition and price. These cost me £4.60 from Tesco Roborough (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&sa ... =0CJsBELYD). Tesco themselves do their own coloured ballpoint pens for 65p, and i do like the feel and flow of the Tesco coloured pens. Hands up, i've misplaced my WH Smith coloured pens, but when i find them, i've do a quick side by side comparison/review.

As for the Staedtler pens ... of you are a faithful Staedtler user, then these are good. However as for value for money, and against the far cheaper Tesco pens, I'm struggling to give these the 'thumbs up'. Until i do separate pieces of work, using each brand, that conclusion isn't final. Watch this space!

matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Re: Staedtler ball 432 coloured pens

Messagepar Allan » Mer Avr 10, 2013 8:37 am

I like the Staedtler brand. No much bad to say about them. Certainly less messy than the Reynolds. Careful about too cheap ballpoint pen as they tend to fade away more quickly I find out and dyed out more rapidly and so even with the reservoir still full. XP
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Message(s) : 4005

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mer Avr 10, 2013 9:04 am

Allan a écrit: Careful about too cheap ballpoint pen as they tend to fade away more quickly I find out and dyed out more rapidly and so even with the reservoir still full. XP

I guess that's what i'll have to find out. I still like the Tesco 'Yellow' pen though. Its a bit bright, but better than other Yellows. Still in the UK, Bic colours are a bit limited. Having the Staedtler pens will extend the colour range. I might do a fade test and place them on the window for a month. Its just that in the UK there's little sun at the moment :no:
matt scarlett

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mer Avr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Actually, its going quite well.

matt scarlett

Messagepar matt scarlett » Jeu Juil 04, 2013 1:04 am

Update:

I'm staring a new line of work, for which i've extensively used the Staedtler pens. However ... if I'm honest, they do drip, leaving blobs of ink, a bit too often for my liking, and so i'm trying to limit my use of them. I now Allan says to keep a tissue or something for which you can wipe off the pen before working, but i'm still finding the 432's ... a bit less than 100% relaible. Hands up, no pen is 100%, 100% of the time, but I don't want to show my work with tiny blobs of ink on them.

Sorry Staedtler :-/
matt scarlett

Retour vers Your questions about drawing with ballpoint pen