What size are you pictures?

Vos questions en Anglais sur le dessin aux stylos à bille

What size are you pictures?

Messagepar matt scarlett » Dim Nov 07, 2010 5:27 pm

I really love drawing A1 size, but it does take time. I would like to do larger pieces. I have a roll of Fabriano paper but right now i don't have the space to use it, but i will :!:

What size is your work :?:

How long does your artwork take :?:
matt scarlett
Chevalier de la bille d'argent

Message(s) : 218

Re: What size are you pictures?

Messagepar Pastel » Lun Nov 08, 2010 6:49 am

For now I use the 24x32 bristol,
I start with a pen for now it suits me!
For the time it depends on the design I spend 2-3 hours a day and it may be 15 days or 1 month :-) :-)
Demain est un autre jour...
Pastel
Seigneur de la bille d'or

Message(s) : 2197

Messagepar Allan » Lun Nov 08, 2010 9:03 am

:yes: A1 is a very good size. You have the space to creat great stuff and texture effect. The only thing is the time you need to get there.

My bigest piece so far is "The Luncheon of the boating party" and it was a A2 size. For my defence, it is made with coloured ballpoint pens witch triple the time you need to cover the cardoard :moqueur: It took me 400 hours to complite the picture.

And it's true that when you taste big size, you like it. To only problem stay the time needed to do it :-/
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Message(s) : 4005

Messagepar matt scarlett » Lun Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am

Allan a écrit::yes: A1 is a very good size. You have the space to creat great stuff and texture effect. The only thing is the time you need to get there.

My bigest piece so far is "The Luncheon of the boating party" and it was a A2 size. For my defence, it is made with coloured ballpoint pens witch triple the time you need to cover the cardoard :moqueur: It took me 400 hours to complite the picture.

And it's true that when you taste big size, you like it. To only problem stay the time needed to do it :-/

400 hours. I guess i should stop moaning about my pictures taking 100-150 hours! My main problem is that i also have a full time job, plus a busy website to take care of. But i want to make this my fulltime .... pursuit.
matt scarlett

Messagepar Allan » Lun Nov 08, 2010 9:23 am

I reassure you (or maybe not), my full time job is to draw. I draw what people commissioned me like portraits or Illustrations.
That what I'm doing full time during the days of my weeks. I have to squeeze moment like now when I talk on my forum while I'm suppose to work on my orders in progress . I work on my ballpoint pen book (personal project) during night time and some time the week-end so you see, you and me are in the same boat.

Personal stuff like the A2 picture I just talk about is done when I get the time after my full time job ;-)
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar sickfish » Lun Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm

I either work on A4 copier paper or cartridge paper (depends it which is nearer - the printer or my sketchbook). For me, it's more a question of cost and motivation. An A4 drawing doesn't feel like too much of a commitment or too much of a loss if things go horribly wrong. Even though the latter doesn't really happen any more (except for the Neon's background) the fear is still there.

I work full time for a web development agency so I have little time to draw either - plus I'm still a very impatient artist. Because I'm just getting going I guess I want a quick-fix-finish when I feel the urge to draw.

I would love to draw full time - it's just a shame I'm not very good at it! :mrgreen2:
sickfish
Ball & Bille

Message(s) : 91

Messagepar Allan » Lun Nov 08, 2010 2:42 pm

You get good at it when you do it full time but to by able to do it full time, you have to be good at it !
It's the dog turning around, running after his tail :mrgreen2:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar matt scarlett » Mar Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

the thing is i went to Falmouth school of art and design in 90-92 but i studied graphic design, then i spent over 15 years doing jobs i really didn't want to do. Now i'm in the position where i can get started at doing someonething

1) i feel i'm reasonably good at

2) i really enjoy.

I didn't study at art college and at university to work in a call centre!
matt scarlett

Messagepar Allan » Mar Nov 09, 2010 3:31 pm

:bravo: :classe:
Allan
Roi du Stylo

Messagepar MrBoli » Mer Nov 10, 2010 6:20 am

I work on regular sketchbooks,some are 11X9 in and the latests I'm using are 11X14in,I have more space to draw but unfortunately is a nightmare to scan!! :no:
My largest drawing I've ever made is are the Crucifixion and the Last Supper I made for a friend of mine about four years ago.They're 24X18 in.
Allan,your job is my idea of heaven,I have a regular job and very little time to draw. T_T I think it must be amazing to wake up in the morning and start drawing all day long and make your living out of it.That's awesome! :bravo:
MrBoli
Ball & Bille

Message(s) : 48

Suivant

Retour vers Your questions about drawing with ballpoint pen